LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

SPOILER ALERT!
Intensive Care - Nicki Edwards

*spoiler alert* Intensive Care a nice tree change/romance book with enjoyable characters and an appealing setting. When Kate, the female protagonist, changes locations to get away from a cheating ex-boyfriend, the change was written in a way to make me as a reader really feel a part of it. It was fun to experience her struggles as she settled into a country town.
I must confess I found Joel, the male protagonist, a little difficult to get a read on as far as his character went. Also, the only real problem I had with the book was when Joel said that he wasn't going to live with Kate prior to marriage, in spite of the fact that he knows she did that with her previous boyfriend and he did that with his late fiancee. While I don't have a problem with him making that decision, no reason was given for this change of heart and I felt that, since it was raised, it should have been addressed.
Other than that it was enjoyable and fun.