LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Dissonance - Erica O'Rourke

I enjoyed Dissonance, even though the world, or should I say worlds, I inhabited in its pages took some getting used to. It was fairly technical, and took a bit of concentration to keep up with different versions of the same place. It reminded me a bit of Inception in the level of concentration it took to keep up with the different threads and how they fixed the problems within them.
I found the end a little unsatisfying, mainly because I was not aware this was the first in a series and was expecting a full resolution, rather than so many threads left unresolved. However, the story was well plotted and once I became familiar with the world, I enjoyed it.
Del is annoying at the start, but that's because she's young. She learns a lot in the book and it improved her, which is what I'd hoped to see in her character development.
Definitely enjoyable enough for me to want to read the sequel.