LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

This book is fascinating and a bit different from other YAs I have read, maybe because I haven't delved into many of the paranormal type yet. It was suitably creepy and I was intrigued, not so much about Mara, as it was pretty clear reasonably quickly the paranormal element in her life, but I was interested to see the way everything else played out.
The story reminded me a lot of a long pilot that could be paired with the '70s TV show The Tomorrow People (without the cheap sets and poor effects). I don't know if it will become something like that, but I'll definitely be checking out the sequel to see where the story goes from here.