LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

A Horse for Kate (Horses and Friends) - Miralee Ferrell

This is a nice little story about a girl who dreams of getting a horse when her parents move to her late grandfather's farm, but money's difficult to come by and it doesn't look like Kate's dream will come true.
While the story moved along well and it was well written, it felt a bit stiff to me, especially since Kate and her friend, Tori always did the right thing by everybody and I don't know any kids who always behave that way. And the few plot conflicts that arose were always dismissed quickly and positively. I think it felt a bit too neat to me. However, it's a good story for any young girl who loves horses.