LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

What did I think of The Evolution of Mara Dyer? This should tell you: as soon as I've finished writing this review I'm going to download book three straight away! It was hard pausing long enough to write this before doing it.
The book was good, suspenseful, driven. I hate Jude with a passion. Now I have someone else to hate as well. Michelle Hodkin's writing has made me love her protagonist and I want her to succeed, in spite of everything that is out to make her fail.
There were a couple of points in this book where I felt the pace drop a little bit, most notably in the scene involving the tux and the island, but I loved that scene for what it was so I didn't care. However, there might have been a couple of scenes too many of Mara doubting herself and Noah telling her he would always be there for my tastes.
Other than that, like I said, writing this is just stopping me starting the next book, which better be worth all this angst!