LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

As Stars Fall - Christie Nieman

This book was ambitious and had so much potential to be a great novel but it seemed to get in the way of itself. The continual changing of point of view, both in style and in characters, slowed it down, and combined with excessive and sometimes repetitive descriptions, and intense and long internal musings, made for a difficult read.
A lot of information is given about the environment and endangered species, such as the Bush Stone-curlew, a native Australian bird that is featured throughout the book. While that is interesting, the way it's written makes the book move slowly, and considering the heavy emotional states of the characters, it is not an easy journey.