LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Empire of the Waves: Voyage of the Moon Child - Christopher Richardson

There was a lot of ground to cover in this book and I felt it was a bit slow at the start while the scene was established. Also, sometimes I felt there were scenes that were explained insufficiently. There were times when it took me a few reads to get exactly what Richardson was trying to say, especially in the depths of the action.
Having said that, his characters and their adventures were engaging and his writing style was witty and entertaining. I enjoyed reading about the adventures of Anni Tidechild and Duck Knifetooth, although I wish this book had a stronger resolution. The climax was more a series of little happenings and only a handful of the questions raised in this book were resolved by the end of it. The rest will be carried over into its inevitable sequel.