LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Last train from Kummersdorf - Leslie Wilson

Last Train from Kummersdorf seems to be a realistic account of what life was like for a German at the end of World War II. I had no trouble believing in the brutality and trouble faced by Hanno and Effie as they try and find somewhere that is safe. The book certainly held my interest, although I must confess I found the writing a trifle mechanical. It gave the book a robotic feel that made it difficult for me to truly feel for the characters and the circumstances they were in. Of course, this may have been a good thing, as the situations they were in were frequently horrifying, but I would have liked to have been able to feel closer to them during their journey.