LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Bound (The Guardians, #1) - M.J.   Stevens

In Bound, author MJ Stevens has created a fascinating world. Mellea Wendorn lives in Selestia, where the Guardians rule. A chance encounter with one of them means she is selected to be his bride and there's not much she can do about it.
The novel follows this scenario, introducing us the the haughty Guardians and their powers, and the evil enemy that is (of course!) fighting against them.
Along the way Mellea faces a personal crisis which made her all the more interesting and real to me.
This world is a great one to inhabit and MJ Stevens shows a clear ability for story telling. Unfortunately, there are numerous spelling problems throughout the novel, but it's a testament to the entertaining nature of the story that the editor in me didn't care about that. I was too busy seeing what came next.
I will definitely be checking out the sequel.