LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Resonance (Dissonance) - Erica O'Rourke

Resonance was even better than Dissonance. It was, overall, a wonderful, fascinating story, with a take on an 'other world' situation that I haven't seen before. I enjoyed all its characters and their struggles and I think it's ended now. Resonance had a conclusion that had a finality about it, although I think Erica O'Rourke could write another one in this series if she wanted to. However, I was satisfied with this conclusion and its tragedies and triumphs, although there is a slight uncertainty to it, which is what makes me think that more might appear eventually. And while I can live without a third book, I still wouldn't mind knowing what Delancey does next.
The only criticism I have about Resonance is that there were times towards the end of it that there seemed to be unnecessary introspection that caused the pace to drop. There wasn't a huge amount of that, though, so it didn't spoil it for me.
A great book, highly recommended.