LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Robin Williams: When the Laughter Stops 1951–2014 - Emily Herbert

I considered giving this book only two stars. However, it held my interest, so I decided on three. Although the fact that my interest was held probably has more to do with the subject matter than the brilliance of the writing.
It's hard to be impressed by a biography which, if I remember correctly, calls Mandy Patinkin (the man who played Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride) a comedienne. Most of the facts presented about Robin seemed to be grabbed from whatever interviews others had done and offered few original insights. The book is also sorely in need of a decent edit. It comes across as self-published. For example, the author uses words like 'totally' a lot, which grated on me, and there was regular repetition of information.
All in all, a poor treatment of a worthy subject.