LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

A More Christlike God: A More Beautiful Gospel - Bradley Jersak

I really wanted to like this book. I was interested to hear his arguments, hoping they would be sound doctrine presented convincingly, leading me to a greater understanding of the compassionate nature of Father God, as represented in Jesus Christ.
Unfortunately, Bradley Jersak's style of writing isn't either clear or concise. I think some of his arguments made sense, but it was honestly difficult to decipher, so hidden were they amongst pointless detail and dull repetition. Sometimes he seemed to think if he just repeated his interpretation over and a over again, he would convince us of it. Sometimes there was evidence, but it was buried under so much gumpf I'd usually forgotten the point he was making any time I came back to this book after a break, and there were many breaks. I had to continually drag myself back to it, as I was determined to finish it because, as I said, I wanted his arguments to be convincing. And I think they probably are, but I don't think this book is the one that's going to convince me of it.