LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Mark of the Leopard - Kathy Stewart

Mark of the Leopard kept my attention and interest, so it didn't take me too long to get through it. Some of it, though, was not easy to read, particularly the parts that detailed the lot of those who were in slavery. There was also a reasonable amount of death and violence, particularly towards women, although none of it was too graphic. Most was only alluded to. There were numerous characters who I found difficult to like. Fortunately, they were all characters I wasn't supposed to like. Because of the nature of the world and the eyes we saw it through, the story was often bleak. However, I found the resolution satisfying.