LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Activate - Adele Jones

It took me a little while to get into Activate, perhaps because what has always intrigued me most about it is the scientific element of Blaine's condition and the story veered away from that for the first little while. It was certainly a thrilling ride, with a few twists along the way. I especially loved the things we got to experience from Blaine's point of view in various stages of his journey (I won't say too much in case I spoil it). And it was moving to experience the despair that you would expect from a person who is struggling with a condition like that. Well worth the read.