LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Above & Below: A 25th Anniversary Beauty and the Beast Companion - Edward Gross

I found this book a mixed bag. The book's formatting gives me the impression it's self-published. There are quite a few errors and some pages with monstrously long paragraphs. However, the information in its pages was still well worth the read. Given that I haven't watched an episode of Beauty and the Beast for many years, it was quite a shock to realise that George RR Martin wrote a number of the episodes! Given how violent some of his were, perhaps it's not all that surprising.
It was a nice reflection on a show that could have been so much more if the network had believed that true love was all that was necessary to sell a show.