LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

The One - Kiera Cass

I've given this four stars, but with some reservations. It certainly had more action and plot development than the first two books and I enjoyed how that went. It was interesting to see the continued development of America's character, and I was relieved to discover that she started to pin down her feelings to just one man instead of two.
However, this part of the plot was still the part I found the most annoying. While I understand that how this plays out is inherent in the premise of the trilogy, there was so little progress in it. Usually it was two steps forward, three steps back, and after a while that became annoying.
I still think the story would have been much more succinct and paced more effectively if there had only been two books instead of three. However, it was still enjoyable, if frustrating at times.