LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Breakaway Creek

Breakaway Creek - Heather Garside I enjoyed Breakaway Creek, and I don't usually enjoy novels that skip between two different time zones. This one, however, pulled it off successfully, maybe because it spent considerable time in each zone between crossovers and didn't cross over in the middle of an important plot development, which really annoys me. Both tales were told well and the writing styles were engaging. I liked the time I spent in both time periods at Breakaway Creek and there was a good amount of detail without it being overdone. I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a contemporary/historical Aussie novel.