LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

SPOILER ALERT!

Love Gone to the Dogs

Love Gone to the Dogs - Margaret Daley Having found this ebook on a Christian site, I was surprised to discover that the two protagonists considered a casual sexual relationship an acceptable thing, even though they never really 'get there' (they keep getting interrupted or have a fight), but this is not my reason for giving it such a low rating.
Although the story has interesting characters, I found the book didn't spend enough time developing them. I felt that there was more to be done to make them better. The relationship between the two leads was also sparsely developed and didn't seem to be based on much more than physical attraction. Also, one of the characters, Shane, went from not wanting to make a commitment to a relationship to proposing marriage within a few pages.
The resolution was so rushed it took me a moment to realise I'd come to the end of the book. I expected more at that stage and would have liked to have a bit more spent on it, especially when there was such a build up to a possible conflict. Also, I wonder how Ned found enough support to pursue the matter when everyone turned on him so quickly.
So there were a few problems which I felt made the book a less enjoyable read for me, but if you're after a light romance, you may enjoy it.