LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Jenna's Cowboy

Jenna's Cowboy - Sharon Gillenwater I considered giving this book only two stars, but the ending just scraped it into three. It took forever to get going, and even when it did get going, there didn't seem to be a great deal happening. A lot of time was spent detailing life on a ranch and how to pick cotton, and while I don't have a problem with some of this, as it sets the scene and provides atmosphere, I felt it was overdone.
Also, while the subject of PTSD is an important one and worthy of attention, I felt the issues concerned were not focussed on enough and were resolved too quickly. Generally, this book was a nice, lightweight read that should have been heavier considering its subject matter, but it didn't seem to cut too far beneath the surface.