LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Dark Force Rising

Dark Force Rising - Timothy Zahn Given the difficulties of writing a book that falls within a particular framework, such as the intricate and often specifically directed world of Star Wars and its primary characters, I feel that Timothy Zahn has done well.
I liked this book better than the first book in this series, but not as much as The Last Command, which is my favourite of the three of them. Dark Force Rising was entertaining and kept me reading (I do tend to get bored easily, so making me turn the page can be quite a feat!) and I was interested to know what happened next. I was already interested in characters like Mara Jade, Talon Kaarde and Grand Admiral Thrawn from the first book, and I was pleased with their continued development in this one.