LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Churchill

Churchill - Roy  Jenkins While there's no doubt this biography was detailed (its size made that evident) it is a ponderous read, and lumbers along with all the speed of a glacier. It also seemed more concerned with various aspects of British politics than it should have been. While there's no question politics should have been covered, given who Churchill was, so often a story that should have been about Churchill's involvement in politics seemed to morph into a political discussion with a brief mention of Churchill only when it was absolutely necessary.