LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Gone with the Wind

Gone with the Wind - Margaret Mitchell This sprawling, epic story is certainly well worth the read, with its entertaining characters who often tread the line between what we would regard as acceptable for a protagonist and what we would not. Scarlett is not always likeable and neither is Rhett. They are, however, engaging characters. The racism element was off-putting for me, but it was true to the era in which it was set, so I could understand it from that angle, however unpleasant it was. Enthralling.