LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

The Three Musketeers

The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas I'm not sure exactly what to make of The Three Musketeers. It wasn't what I was expecting, which I think shows just how much dramatic licence movies can take with books. It was certainly more sexual than I was expecting, although that's probably not surprising when considering when and where it was written. I didn't appreciate Porthos' helpful suggestion that the best thing that D'Artagnan should do was gain a mistress and found the comic relief we were supposed to gain from this woman's husband and his constant bumbling unfunny, although again, probably not that surprising considering what I mentioned earlier. The ending also seemed flat to me. However, there were still many enjoyable moments.