LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Sense and Sensibility (Penguin Classics)

Sense and Sensibility  - Jane Austen While Pride and Prejudice would rank as my favourite Jane Austen book, this one is a close second. The tale of the Dashwood sisters was an enjoyable one, with the passionate and out-of-control Marianne a great contrast to her demure sister, Elinor. I probably have a bit in common with Marianne, which might be why I didn't like her as much as Elinor, who seemed far less selfish than her sister. The ins and outs of their society and how their prospects lessened so much because their father's estate was entailed away from them is an interesting one and I appreciated Jane's insights into a world which is foreign to me. Recommended.