LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins While I found the premise of The Hunger Games fascinating and engaging, unfortunately, I'm not a fan of Ms Collins style of writing. I find it difficult to engage in present tense, and the novel was also sparse on character development. It seemed to me that the reader was given a lot of facts but little beneath the surface, which I found annoying. It made it difficult for me to care about Katniss and her situation, which is, of course, essential to truly engaging in the storyline. So, while I enjoyed it in a general sense, I felt that there was a great deal missing in the delivery.