LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer I enjoyed reading about Bree Tanner's life, although it was a difficult read for a fan who knew how it would end before it began. It was interesting to experience Stephenie Meyer's brand of vampirism from the point of view of a vampire who hunts in the traditional fashion, and a newborn at that. There was certainly no shortage of violent deaths, both to humans and other vampires. This didn't make for a fun read, but it was an interesting one. Given why Bree Tanner was turned into a vampire in the first place, this was never going to be a light and happy turn, but something plumbing the depths of revenge and how that effects others caught in its tangles. It's certainly worth a read if you're a Twilight fan, and if you're not a fan because you don't like how 'tame' her vampires are, this might help with that.