LynneStringer

My Journey in Writing

Crossing

Crossing - Catherine Norton I enjoyed the premise of Crossing, with the idea of a family living within a community clearly reminiscent of East Germany post World War II. It was interesting to see what could happen in those circumstances. While enjoyable, I felt it could have done with a bit more action. Also, it was difficult crossing between two different times when the only thing to tell us the difference between the two was past or present tense, especially since the situations in both times were similar. I thought the ending was rushed, almost like there was a word count to stick to and the author had to hurry it up to conclude within that time frame. I would have preferred a bit more time had been spent on the resolution, but the story was engaging and I'm interested in the outcome of those characters whose storyline was not resolved in this book.